- How Jibe collects, uses and shares information about visitors to our website and mobile products (“Jibe Sites”); and
- How Jibe collects, uses and shares information provided to us by or on behalf of our enterprise Customers who integrate Jibe’s software solutions into the Customers’ Customer Recruiting Systems (“Jibe Enterprise Services”).
- How it describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information.
European Union – U.S. Privacy Shield
Jibe participates in and has certified its compliance with the E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Jibe is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (E.U.) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Jibe is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Jibe complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the E.U., including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Jibe is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Jibe may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at: https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- How We Protect Information
- Choices About Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Websites
- Notification Procedures
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect
Information you provide to “Jibe sites”:
Visitors can browse most areas on our website and our mobile products without providing any personal information. However, certain interactions with us may require personal information. For example, we may collect and retain your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, if you request a demo from our website or contact us for information about our products or services. If we provide forums, blogs, or bulletins that allow for user-generated content, then we may also collect and retain personal information that you provide in relation to such content. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
Information That Customers Provide to Us Through “Jibe Enterprise Services”:
In providing Jibe Enterprise Services, we collect, store, process, and disclose personal information belonging to individuals who are involved in recruiting or employment activities with our Customers (e.g., job applicants, job referrers, an applicant’s social-networking connections who are employed by a Customer). In all of these cases, our software has been integrated into a Customer Recruiting System and we are handling personal information solely on behalf of the Customer, and in accordance with our agreements with the Customer.
For your information, here are some examples of how Jibe collects and uses information in the course of providing Jibe Enterprise Services to our Customers:
- Jibe Enterprise Services may facilitate the job application process through the Customer’s Customer Recruiting System, and in that capacity Jibe may receive personal information of individuals (i.e., job applicants) requested by the Customer’s application, including for example, an individual’s name, contact information, and employment history. Jibe handles this information solely on behalf of the Customer and our use, retention and deletion of the personal information is governed by our agreements with the Customer.
- Jibe Enterprise Services may request contact information from your friends as part of the Service we provide to our Customers. For example, our Customers may provide an invitation service for individuals to share job listings with each other or to request referrals. If you utilize these features, you will input another person’s name and email address and we or our third party service providers will send an email or message via your social network to this person on your behalf. Jibe may store this information on behalf of our Customer to send this email or message, to provide the Service to our Customer, and to track the success of this Service. The individual invited to this Service may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information Collected Through Technology:
- Location Data: We may collect geo location data from mobile devices or from your browser in the course of our providing Jibe Enterprise Services to Customers (e.g., we can tailor job-listing search results to a prospective applicant’s specific locale). Location data and location services may be turned off at the device level.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Technologies such as cookies and similar technologies are used by Jibe and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, including those who provide targeted advertising and marketing. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site, serving targeted advertising on our site or on other sites around the Web, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by every browser each time a web page is accessed. When visitors browse Jibe Sites, or in the course of our providing Jibe Enterprise Services to Customers, our servers automatically record certain information that web browsers send whenever websites are visited or services are accessed. These server logs may include information such as the type of web request, the computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information that you directly provide to Jibe Sites to process requests you make, to communicate with you, to offer products and services to you, and to operate, maintain, analyze and improve the Jibe Sites and our overall business. By providing Jibe your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on the service to the email address you give us. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of our products or services, special promotional offers, or advertising. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email communications you receive. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of certain e-mails that concern technical issues, business issues or if required by law.
Jibe may use certain information that you provide to Jibe Sites (including any user-generated content) and information that we obtain from Customers, subject to any applicable contractual restrictions, for our internal purposes, such as for example, to analyze how our services are used, to diagnose service or technical problems, to maintain security, or to personalize content.
3. How We Share Your Information
Jibe will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties. Jibe may share your personal information with third party service providers or partners strictly for the purpose of providing services in relation to the Jibe Sites or Jibe Enterprise Services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
These services may include third parties or partners that assist Jibe in creating or enhancing the Jibe Enterprise Services or Jibe Sites. In the event these third parties or partners are authorized to use your personal information, they are restricted to what is necessary to provide these services and to which employees have a need-to-know. Any third party or partner Jibe authorizes to use your personal information is bound to confidentiality and security obligations as strict as those imposed upon us by a Customer.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell all or a portion of assets or business offerings. Personal information collected from Jibe Sites, as well as personal information relating to our Customers, are generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution, bankruptcy, liquidation of similar proceedings. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
To the extent that we provide forums, blogs or bulletins that allow you to post user-generated content, such content may become available to the public. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. Similarly, information we collect while providing Jibe Enterprise Services is shared with our enterprise Customers and Jibe cannot control access to nor delete that information once it has been shared with our enterprise Customer. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) together with a third party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
Non-Personal Information: We may share non-personal information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our services, such as Jibe Enterprise Services.
We may permit online advertising networks to collect information about your browsing activity on our website so that they may serve advertisements that may be relevant to your interests on our website or on other sites around the Web. Typically, this information is collected through cookies or technologies discussed above.
4. How We Protect Your Information
Jibe uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to protect personal information. When you provide us with sensitive data such as location data and login credentials we encrypt that data via SSL encryption. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to Jibe Sites or that is provided to us in connection with Jibe Enterprise Services to our Customers. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Moreover, Jibe is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third parties with whom Jibe interacts, such as social networks and our Customers, in the course of providing our Services.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
Upon request Jibe will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may, of course, decline to submit personal information on Jibe Sites, in which case Jibe may not be able to provide certain services to you. If you do however provide us your information and when your information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. We will retain information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Access to Data Controlled by our Customers.
Jibe has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information is provided to us by or on behalf of our Customers who integrate and use Jibe Enterprise Services. Jibe acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. If you are interacting with one of our Customer’s applications or services and you would like to seek access to, or to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, you should direct your request to Jibe’s Customer (the data controller). If the Customer requests Jibe to remove the data, we will respond to all requests within 30 business days.
Jibe will retain personal information that we receive and process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customer. Our data retention periods will vary per contractual agreement with each individual Customer. Jibe will retain and use this personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In some instances, Jibe does not retain data beyond a single session. Once Jibe has facilitated the transmission of personal information to a Customer’s database that is not hosted by Jibe, it is that Customer’s responsibility to guard the user’s personal information against unauthorized access or transmission. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Jibe (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). When a customer terminates or deactivates its Customer account, Jibe may retain the personal information of the Customer for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
6. Children’s Privacy
Jibe does not direct any of its products, services, sites or offerings to children under age 13. If we learn that any personal information has been collected from a child under age 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Links to Other Web Sites
8. Notification Procedures
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on the Service to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective.
10. Contact Us
96 Morton Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10014
Jibe is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals